Frequently asked questions
What is Glamping?
Simply put, Glamping is 'glamorous camping'
You get all of the benefits of camping including nature, the outdoors, the night sky, barbequeing, etc while sleeping in the comforts of boutique hotel accommodations in your 'canvas cottage' which is a walk-in tent of approximately 200 square feet with laminate hardwood floors, a comfy queen-sized bed with soft sheets and pillows, furniture, chairs and your own private en-suite bathroom accessible only from the inside of your tent with hot/cold running water in your sink and an outdoor shower, with a flushing toilet.
What is the Eco-Camps Promise
At every location, you will always enjoy:
- Incredible Sunset Viewing Areas
- Starry Night Sky away from City Lights
- Sounds of Nature
- Comfy Queen-Sized Bed to Sleep
- Private en-suite Bathroom with Hot/Cold Running Water and Flushing Toilet
- Private Outdoor Shower
- Kids are always FREE
- Pets are always welcome and FREE
How Many People Can Fit Inside My Tent?
We have two size tents:
- Our Queen tents allow up to a maximum of two adults and up to two children.
- This accommodation comes with one Queen bed and up to two single beds.
Family Queen Tents:
- Our Family Queen tents allow up to a maximum of three adults or up to three children for a maximum occupancy of five people.
- This accommodation comes with one Queen bed and up to three single beds.
Are you Pet Friendly
Yes, we love your furrry family members!
And we do NOT charge you to bring them.
Pets must be kept on leashes at all times.
If your pet is running free, you will be asked to leave and a refund will not be provided.
Does Eco-Camps Charge Extra for Children or Extra Beds?
No. One Tent. One Family.
What is the Booking Policy?
- A two-night minimum is required for all stays
- No same day reservations are allowed
- Please book at least two days ahead.
- We will be unable to accommodate your reservation if it is made after 6PM two days prior to arrival
What is the Cancellation Policy?
- Cancellation is free up to 30 days before your check-in date with 100% refund.
- If you cancel within 30 days of check-in, you will not receive any refund, but may use the amount paid as a credit for future dates.
- Bookings made using any specials, offers, discounts, or free-nights from Eco-Camps are subject to a cancellation fee equal to the full-price of one night's stay after your booking is made. Cancel within 30 days of your check-in date will result in no refund, but may use the amount paid as a credit for future dates.
What is the Weather Policy?
We want you to enjoy your stay, but unfortunately the one thing we cannot control is the weather!
- HEAT: When the temperature at any of our locations is going to exceed 75 F degrees at night, we offer you the ability to reschedule your stay, so long as you contact us at least 72 hours prior to your check-in date.
- COLD: When the temperature at any of our locations is going to be below 50 F degrees at night, we offer you the ability to reschedule your stay, so long as you contact us at least 72 hours prior to your check-in date.
- Unfortunately we are unable to provide refunds, but are happy to accommodate any other dates at any of our locations you would like to book, subject to availability.
- RAIN: We do not provide any refunds or the ability to book alternative dates if it rains.
Is WiFi Available?
WiFi is available.
Are BBQ's Shared or Does Each Tent Have Their Own?
Each tent comes with it's own private BBQ
Are Bathroom's Shared?
Each tent always comes with it's own private ensuite bathroom accessible from only inside the tent you are stayihg in.
It is only shared with your tentmates.
Is the Water in the Sink or Shower Drinkable?
The water in the bathroom's are not pottable, so no they are not drinkable.
We provide bottled water for you to drink and brush your teeth with.
Please only drink the bottled water or water you bring yourself to drihk.
How Can I Charge My Phone?
We provide solar powered usb accessible charges in each tent for phone charging.
Do I Need to Bring Sheets/Towels/Pillows/Blankets?
No. Please bring yourself and your belongings.
We operate like a boutique hotel and provide all the bedding, linens and towels for your stay.
Is There Food or Room Service Available?
There is no room service available, and there is no delivery available.
There will be an assortment of snacks available at the tasting room, but the hours are limited.
Is There Parking Near My Tent?
Parking is available at the front entrance is the designated parking area.
You are not allowed to drive your car beyond the parking lot.
The tents are a short walk away.
What Does Contactless Check in Mean?
We provide for contactless check in.
After you make your reservation and before you arrive for your stay, you will be provided with a Welcome Packet that will have all the information on how to operate your accommodations.
Separately, a tent number and combination for your tent lock with be provided by email@example.com for you to check yourself in.
During Check in hours of 3-6PM there will be staff on site to help with your check in as needed.
What are the Check in and Check out Times?
Check in time is always 3pm - 6pm local time.
- We are able to offer late check in times at some locations
- Please request your later check in times through firstname.lastname@example.org
- We can not offer early check-in times
Check out time is always before 11am local time.
- We can not offer late check outs
Are There Quiet Hours?
Yes. 10PM - 9AM are Quiet Hours.
Eco-Camps is for couples and families, and friends catching up.
We ask that your respect your neighbors adventure, and between the hours of 10pm until 9am we ask that you please keep your voices down inside your tent.
If you are outside your tent during those hours, we ask then you do so in quiet and enjoy the night and morning air.
Are Visitors Allowed?
Visitors are allowed between the hours of 12PM - 9PM
There is a maximum of 2 visitors allowed at any time
Is Cellular Service Available?
Yes, depending on your service provider it works ok, but Eco-Camps cannot guarantee it and is not responsible if it is not available.
We do provide WiFi as an additional feature but do not guarnatee it's effectiveness throughout the location.
We cannot offer refunds if either is not available.
Please check with your carrier.
What Cooking Items are Available?
We provide the following items:
- 1 cooking pot
- 1 cooking pan
- 1 cutting board
- 1 tea pot
- 2-3 Cooking utensils
- 1 cutting knife
These are all to be used on the grill.
You may bring your own cooking items.
Electic stoves or heating elements of any kind and not allowed at Eco-Camps and you will be asked to remove it. It is a fire hazard.
Do You Have Fire Pits?
Fire Pits are available at The Vino Camp at Sawtooth Winery. Please see your Welcome Packet for more details.
For your own safety and the safety of others, please do note you are not allowed to create your own fire pit. If you do you will be asked to leave immediately with no refund, and we have the right to charge your card a $500 fine plus any damage.
We take safety very seriously :)
What Do I Do If I Have a Maintanence Issue?
Please review your Welcome Packet for the direct contact based on your location.
Do You Provide Laundry Service or Extra Sheets or Towels?
We do not provide laundry service or extra linens or towels.
If you are staying for more than four nights, please contact email@example.com and we will accommodate you.
Can I Bring My Hairdryer?
No. Haridryer's are not permitted. They are a fire hazard.
If you use a hair dryer you will be asked to leave, and there will be no refund.
Are Fans Provided?
There are no fans provided at Eco-Camps Sawtooth
How Many Bottles of Water Will Be Provided?
Each tent will stocked with 10 bottles of water.
Any additional bottles of water needed will need to be sourced by the guest at their own responsibility.
Does Eco-Camps Provide Dishes and Utensils?
Yes. Each tent comes with a full set up for 4 or 5 people including plates, bowls, fork, knife, spoon, mug and sometimes a wine glass.
Does My Cooler Come With Ice?
Yes, ice is provided in your cooler upon arrival.
If you need more, it is your responsiblity.
Is Soap & Shampoo Provided?
Yes, the following is provided:
- Body Soap
- Hand Soap
- Hand Sanitzier
Do You Have COVID-19 Protocols?
THESE ARE OUR PROTOCOLS TO CREATE A SAFER ENVIRONMENT DURING COVID-19
Eco-Camps has always enabled our guests to socially distance by staying in our Eco-friendly accommodations in natural settings where other forms of accommodation could not be built. Privacy, social distancing and Contact-less Check-In are all part of the experience.
We have always known the health benefits that come with being out in nature which is why when you stay at an Eco-Camps destination, you don;t walk into a lobby to check in, and artificially enclosed spaces are replaced with majestic outdoor landscapes and experiences.
Our air-conditioning is the fresh clean air that surrounds your tent.
You go from your car directly to your tent, with no human interaction necessary (unless you request it)
Our hallways are winding paths or trails through open fields or spaces
Our bathrooms are all en-suite and private but outdoors
The safety and health of our guests and employees is Eco-Camps’ top priority. We will continue to closely monitor recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). In order to maintain a safe environment we will make continuous adjustments based on the guidelines set by these agencies and local health departments. Please check individual destination pages for destination-specific service changes and cancellations.
Do You Have COVID-19 Cleaning Protocols?
CLEANING PROTOCOLS AND PIECE OF MIND
By design, Eco-Camps is an open-air accommodation experience. There is no recirculated air between any accommodations or common spaces. Our destinations accommodate a small number of guests each night with significant open space between tents.
We strive to maintain the highest level of standards with our cleaning and housekeeping and our staff has been trained to follow industry protocols. In addition, we are implementing further practices as recommended by the CDC including the increased frequency of our cleaning as well as using appropriate disinfectants during our ongoing housekeeping efforts. Each tent contains hand sterilizer, disposable gloves and masks for your use. All common bathrooms with attendants to continuous keep these areas clean. We ask that any guests who are not feeling well to please stay home out of respect for other guests and staff members.